We take the selection of our shoe and bag materials super-seriously. So twice a year we dispatch our resident Clarks experts to Lineapelle in Milan, an international exhibition that shouts out the leathers and textiles you’ll be wearing not this season…not next season…but the season after that.
Over 20,000 visitors take to Lineapelle’s floors per show and most make a beeline to The Trend Area where buyers and designers tap into the hues and finishes that will inform their lookbooks and creative teams.
The Lineapelle brief for AW16/17? A return to natural leather tones makes ‘brown the new black’ while smooth vintage-luxe metallics keep whisking us back to the 70s. Colour goes technicolour –geometric microprints and digi-pop brights keep it sweet.
Our Clarks Originals Wallabee profile just keeps on giving. Cut to this season’s update – a boot version that sits higher on the ankle and mixes 100% pure wool felt with suede, and trims it with a touch of veg tan leather. Top up your neutral layers with a grey marl sweatshirt and inject some deep purple denim.
This year we’re celebrating the 65th anniversary of the Clarks Desert Boot with a special limited-edition pair, made in England.
Each of the 1,950 pairs (they hit the market in 1950) of Made in England Desert Boots are hand-numbered and feature…
- The original Cordova Velour suede which characterised the very first Desert Boot styles of the 1950s
- An exceptionally crafted pair of socks by TRiCKETT of Lancashire, knitted using 100% Lancastrian cotton on traditional looms and finished by hand
- An exclusive crepe suede cleaner in the shape of the Desert Boot’s iconic fob
- Alternative leather laces
- Collectible packaging containing commemorative artwork
Invest in a true Original.
Some designs are so clean that a slight tweak is all it takes to create something new. Our Desert Aerials team the classic Desert Boot with a lightweight trainer sole and laces. Keep it simple and wear yours with chinos and a mint green linen shirt for easy summer style.